Monday, April 20, 2009

Monogram Monday

Inherited from my mother, my obsession with monograms and embroidery began years ago with my navy blue school sweaters and fold-over socks.  For my sweet sixteen,  I received the Tiffany and Co. monogrammed necklace, ring, and key chain. Throughout high school, I went through numerous L.L. Bean monogrammed totes and pencil cases.  In the college dorms, each and every one of my towels and linens were simply monogrammed.  During graduate school, I made the two most brilliant discoveries of my monogrammed life- Goyard monogram bags and J.Crew monogram cashmere sweaters.  Since I am always scouring for new and fabulous monogrammed products (and abhor Monday mornings), Monogram Mondays was born.  Enjoy!

THE INAUGURAL MONOGRAM MONDAY

For the inaugural post for "Monogram Monday", I thought it would be appropriate to share my TOP 5 Monogram Must Haves.

5)  Custom Stephen Bonanno/ Jack Rogers sandals
With over 300 color combinations and 5 monogram options, these sandals are great for a casual day at the beach or dressed up with skinny cropped pants.  To experiment with different 
combinations and monograms, go to the Stephen Bonanno website.


4) J. Crew Monogram Sweater   
Ever since J. Crew opened its online Monogram Shop, I have been a fan of the line.  Almost 
all basics in their line can be monogrammed including cashmere sweaters, polo shirts, twill shorts, and other knits.  www.jcrew.com

3) L.L. Bean Boat and Tote Bags
A staple for over 64 years, the L.L. Bean Boat and Tote bags have stood the test of time and durability.  At an extremely affordable price-point, this bag is definitely preppy protocol.  

2) Initial Flat Cards with matching lined envelopes.  Although e-mail and text are our daily means of communication, personalized
 cards and envelopes add a nice touch to a gift or a thank-you card.




1) Gold Monogram Necklace
This monogram disc is the ultimate staple for any monogram lover.  This version by Emily & Ashley is a 14k yellow gold 1" disc with a 17" chain.  Visit linealuxe.com to order.

1 comment:

  1. I can only guess that you are looking forward to the Bonanno Sale coming up.

    ReplyDelete